Thursday, July 28, 2011

Welcome Foodies!!!

Welcome!
This is the second blog I have going. My first being Buttons&YarnOHMY. In which I blog mostly about my crafty side of life, and life in general, but mostly things i'm doing with my Etsy shop.

Last night James and I were talking about eating healthy which is something we've been talking about forever and never do anything about or sometimes we will get on a good healthy kick for a week or so, but fall quickly into old habits. So with this blog my plan is to share recipes and coupons maybe if i can find them. 
I want to eat healthy without spending a fortune on healthy food because lets face it, pasta (main staple in our diet) is a lot less expensive than organic fruits and veg. Plus time.... but I have all the time in the world now so let us begin.
First with organization and a plan
dun dun dun 
This is usually my downfall ... laziness and hopefully by posting daily we can avoid that.

Since going to school for Culinary Arts and working in bookstores I have an abundance of cookbook, plus the lovely internet. 
*I have all of her books, I LOVE them and they are by far my most used*

In the next few days i'll be going through my books and trolling the internet and writing out recipes on recipe cards (eventually making a book) 
*Not this exact box but you get the idea*

To save money I want to find recipes where the ingredients are common enough that I can use the leftover ingredients for a different recipe. 

.............................................................................
So today I'm making a grocery list, based on recipes with similar ingredients,
 for tomorrow nights shopping trip. 


No comments:

Post a Comment